Hidden treasures: Waterfalls in Actopan

In Mexico, there are many hidden treasures, breathtaking places just a few know about. You will not find them in the Lonely Planet guide and they will not appear on the 'top ten tourist attractions' list.

Since I have arrived here I was not really checking that many guides to find out where to go and what to do. I simply ask around whether somebody knows an interesting place. Luckily enough, people whom I met here know the region very well and they constantly give me plenty of tips. And you should know that Mexican people are very friendly and helpful. Many of them join me on my trips and we explore together.

Waterfalls in Actopan are one of the places that I could discover just because a friend of mine happened to know about them and took me there. The waterfalls are hidden in a small, remote park in the middle of a forest. You cannot get there by bus.To get there, you have to drive for quite some time through the fields and really know where you go. There are no signs, no advertisements, and no crowds. The visitors - just the locals. 

You enter the park and it you do not know what to expect. But then, you walk couple of meters and you see this marvelous place, almost nobody is there, it is all for yourself. 

As usual, I will spare you boring descriptions and instead I will leave you with some pictures so you can see yourself. 

Enjoy, 

Marcela















0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

AidCom Alert Feed

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *

Follow us on Facebook

Made by