My road to The Dream Year - Leonor

I got already the first impression about what this year is going to look like. Three weeks ago I arrived to Trondheim, ready to meet the other five dreamers, and suddenly here I am writing from the airport with my life in a suitcase on my way to the dream.

Someone once compared a life with the game on a billiard table; suddenly a ball strikes and completely changes your direction. In the village where I grew up everyone knows everyone. At the bus stop, one of the last days of summer I saw an unfamiliar face. Spanish manners accordingly we started a conversation. Seventeen years old this afternoon, and I remember how my view was suddenly broadened. The stranger told me about a project he was currently working on for the rights of native people in Central America. He told me about injustice, about a system that was far from completed. The reason I didn’t recognise him was that he had been positioned in Brussels for the past 15 years. That September afternoon, I was hit by a billiard ball.


All the choices I have made since then brought me to the #dreamyear#. Step by step, life showed me that this is the path for me.

4 comments:

  1. Wow
    This is so so exciting!
    Really looking forward to follow the journey!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking forward to share it with you!! Hope you can came and visit me! <3

      Delete

 

AidCom Alert Feed

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *

Follow us on Facebook

Made by