Life in Xalapa

I have now been living in Xalapa for almost three weeks, and I am starting to feel more and more at home. I know the streets of our neighbourhood and where to find good cafés, restaurants and bars. I’ve learned how to get the bus into the city centre and how much a taxi ride should cost. I’ve figured out what some of my favourite Mexican dishes are and have started practicing Spanish (in exchange for Norwegian lessons!) with our new friend Susana. I've even started planning my first holiday! More on that later.


Ragnhild and I are also having a great time getting to know our new home together, enjoying breakfasts in the sun on our balcony, evenings out with yummy meals and drinks with new friends, and nights in watching Human Planet with a home-cooked meal and a bottle of wine :) Since one of us always starts work at midday, we’ve also tried to be good at making the most out of our mornings. Most days start sunny and end stormy, so it’s best to get out and about fairly early – be it to go for a Mexican-style breakfast at our local café, wander through the fruit and vegetable market that takes place right around the corner every Wednesday, take a trip to the rather rusty but very cheap gym nearby (OK, that’s only actually happened once so far…), or go the beautiful park a short walk from our house. Life is good in Xalapa!

The colours and creatures of Xalapa's Parque de los Tecajetes:
 










0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

AidCom Alert Feed

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *

Follow us on Facebook

Made by